As a present day Muslim, one of my greatest challenge is making sure that what I consume is 100% halal. Be it food, drinks, content, etc
Ever since I found out that what we consider to be halal food may actually not be halal has informed my decision to be very careful about what to eat in public.
I now pay extra attention to what a particular food is made of, whether it’s halal certified or not…which has informed my decision to pay extra attention to what I eat in public.
During my decision of becoming conscious about what I eat in public, a question popped up in my head. How many halal restaurants do we have in Ghana 🇬🇭?
I asked a few friends and some said they were not aware of any, others mentioned some names which I pledged to try out myself if truly the names they gave me were truly halal?
So I visited DNR TURKISH restaurant at their East Legon branch yesterday and had an awesome experience.
- The environment was serene and well arranged.
- Food was prepared openly so a customer can monitor how the chefs handle their meal
- Food was great 👍🏽
- The meat tasted very fresh which I believe animals were slaughtered same day/week for cooking. Unlike other places where meat could be frozen for months.
- No alcoholic beverages!
- Friendly staff
- A beautiful masjid for prayers, a clean wash room and ablution area. Also, hijabs are available for sisters to use for prayers even if they walk in without being fully covered.
- Moderate prices
- Complimentary tea for free
- A beautiful play ground for kids
To be honest with you I really had a great time there and will definitely patronize them!
Take a look at my experience 👇🏾
Watch out for my next halal restaurant review very soon…
I hope you had a good read 📖